Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Truth Hurts.

I was watching Hannity last night, and again he uses whatever sound bite fits his agenda.

Yesterday he framed the comments of Warren Buffet to say that Buffet was against Health Care Reform.

When in fact Buffet would vote for the senate plan.

Ezra Klien from the Washington Post writes.

I've been getting some e-mail lately about Warren Buffett apparently attacking health-care reform. Turns out he didn't, but that Fox News is saying he did. The relevant quote comes from an interview Buffett gave to CNBC on Monday. "If it was a choice today between plan A, which is what we've got, or plan B, the Senate bill, I would vote for the Senate bill. But I would much rather see a plan C that really attacks costs."

So would I, and so would the Obama administration. No one is saying the Senate bill is perfect. But they're saying it's far preferable to the status quo. Fox News, meanwhile, is saying that Buffett said "he simply cannot go along with this particular health care bill." In fact, he said the exact opposite. I continue to be amazed that lying brazenly to your audience is such a good business strategy.


Fair and Balanced my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment