Being a Big Ten fan I love the speculation.
But for those of you who think The Big Ten is not going to be attractive to any team in the nation. Look at the revenue numbers from ESPN's Outside the lines.
- Big Ten: $242 million ($22 million per school)
- SEC: $205 million ($17.08 million per school)
- Big 12: $78 million ($6.5 million per school)
- ACC: $67 million ($5.58 million per school)
- Pac-10: $58 million ($5.8 million per school)
- Big East: $13 million for football/$20 million for basketball ($2.8 million per football school)
Others are saying Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M. And still others say Nebraska and Missouri are lobbying for the spot or spots. No matter what happens, it should be fun to see if the Big Ten goes to 12 or 14 teams.
One thing is for sure, they will have any Big East Team they want. If money has anything to do with it, and it usually does.